Dine Out & Support NOCCA’s Young Artists:
From March 1-10, order the “Dish that Makes a Difference”
at restaurants across New Orleans!
- The “Dish that Makes a Difference” is a recipe contest for students in NOCCA’s Culinary Arts program.
- Chefs and restaurateurs named 9th grader Sierra Torres this year’s winner for her Spicy Lemongrass Grilled Shrimp with Strawberry Glazed Pork Ribs and Strawberry Crab Kimchee.
- Versions of Sierra’s dish will be featured at restaurants across New Orleans from March 1-10, 2013.
- A portion of proceeds from every dish will be donated to The NOCCA Institute to support Louisiana’s next generation of culinary artists.
- This is the Institute’s third year of presenting “The Dish that Makes a Difference”. Emeril Lagasse Foundation pioneered this contest in 2010 at Emeril’s restauraunts throughout the country.
From March 1 – 10, 2013, restaurants across New Orleans will feature a special dish on their menus. This “Dish that Makes a Difference” was dreamed up by an outstanding NOCCA student, and proceeds from its sale will benefit NOCCA’s Culinary Arts department.
That means you can support this amazing school that has taught the likes of Wynton Marsalis, Harry Connick Jr., and Wendell Pierce — and you can do it just by dining out!
In January, New Orleans chefs and restaurateurs gathered to taste three dishes from students in NOCCA’s Culinary Arts program. Students were asked to create dishes around the theme of Louisiana seafood.
When all the votes had been tallied, 9th grader Sierra Torres walked away with top honors for her Spicy Lemongrass Grilled Shrimp with Strawberry Glazed Pork Ribs and Strawberry Crab Kimchee. (That’s Sierra pictured above, preparing her dish with help from her classmates.)
Now, you can taste Sierra’s creation yourself! Sierra has given each chef free rein to interpret her winning recipe so that it matches the cuisine of these very different restaurants. That means you can eat in all 15 restaurants, and you’ll experience 15 different versions of Sierra’s outstanding dish.
Here’s a partial list of restaurants serving the “Dish that Makes a Difference”. Stay tuned — we’re adding more all the time:
Bacchanal Fine Wine & Spirits
600 Poland Avenue
504 948 9111
Barcadia Bar & Grill
601 Tchoupitoulas Street
504 335 1740
430 Dauphine Street
504 525 4455
723 Dante Street,
Eat New Orleans
900 Dumaine Street
504 522 7222
1300 St. Charles Avenue
504 525 4937
Emeril’s New Orleans
800 Tchoupitoulas Street
504 528 9393
575 Convention Center Blvd
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen Uptown
615 South Carrollton Avenue
Mahony’s Po-Boy Shop
3454 Magazine Street
504 899 3374
3200 Burgundy Street
504 262 0072
534 St. Louis Street
504 522 6652
Red Fish Grill
115 Bourbon Street
504 598 1200
One of New Orleans’ best-loved food trucks
827 Toulouse Street
Please join us in supporting Sierra and her talented peers as they study to become Louisiana’s next generation of culinary artists.