When people tour NOCCA, their first response is usually, “I wish I could’ve gone to school here.” Well, now they can – at least for one very special afternoon! Join acclaimed Chef Frank Brigtsen and Chef Dana D’Anzi Tuohy for some hands-on work in NOCCA’s Emeril Lagasse Foundation Culinary Arts Studio.
* * * * *
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9 AT 1:00pm
Taught by Chef Frank Brigtsen in NOCCA’s Emeril Lagasse Foundation Culinary Arts Studio
Need a little inspiration for your upcoming holiday meal? Chef Frank Brigtsen will teach you to make five classic Creole dishes, full of fantastic flavors and traditional Louisiana ingredients. The menu includes:
- Shrimp Calas with Remoulade Sauce
- Gumbo Z’Herbes (with rice)
- Redfish Pontchartrain
- Lyonnaise Potatoes
- Banana Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster
This class is limited to 12 students. Students will help Chef Frank make (and eat!) these dishes, and sample some wine pairings, too. Reserve your spot by clicking here, or by calling 504 940 2900.
* * * * *
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1 AT 10:00am
“Decadent Holiday Desserts”
Taught by Chef Dana D’Anzi Tuohy in NOCCA’s Emeril Lagasse Foundation Culinary Arts Studio
Chef Dana is the former Chef de Cuisine at Delmonico Steakhouse, the former Pastry Chef at Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House, and the chair of NOCCA’s Culinary Arts program. She’ll teach you to make two classic holiday treats:
- The Bûche de Noël (or Yule Log) is a flourless chocolate cake rolled with chocolate cream and frosted with chocolate ganache to resemble a snow-covered log garnished with meringue mushrooms. Students will learn to make this dish from scratch under Chef Dana’s guidance.
- Croquembouche is a traditional French dessert consisting of caramel-glazed cream puffs piled high on a serving platter. Chef Dana will demonstrate the classic way to make this dish, including its halo of spun caramel.
This class is limited to 15 students. Tuition includes hands-on instruction and a tasting of desserts, complete with a sampling of dessert wines. Students will go home with the Bûche de Noël that they’ve created in class! Reserve your spot by clicking here, or by calling 504 940 2900.